- Assisted Dying Campaign Event. Mon 24 February 7.30 pm. Wanstead February 13, 2020
- Holocaust Memorial Day. Humanist representation. January 28, 2020
- An Evening with Ariane Sherine January 24, 2020
- Bizarre Parliamentary Practices January 24, 2020
- Tackling education religion division December 22, 2019
- Humanist Climate Hustings Success December 2, 2019
- Climate Election – Newham November 19, 2019
- A rational moral compass November 19, 2019
- Climate Election – Barking&Dagenham November 19, 2019
- Charity Disparity October 2, 2019
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Exploration of the links between extreme Christian fundamentalist ideology, human expansion and destruction of the planet. Opinion piece Newham Recorder 12.9.19
The important role Humanists play advocating progressive secular policies across party political lines is examined in Barking & Dagenham Post opinion piece (28.8.19).
Why Humanists support the case for assisted dying, for publication Barking and Dagenham Post 24.7.19
A lot has changed in the 75 years since Christian collective worship was made compulsory in schools. East London Humanists call for reform in the Spiritual Life column of the Ilford Recorder 11 July 2019
A call to challenge the newly elected Brexit Party MEPs on their reckless rejection of climate change evidence(Newham Recorder Opinion Piece 26.6.19).
Trump’s after-dinner speech at Buckingham Palace sticks in the throat (East London Humanists opinion piece, Barking and Dagenham Post 13.6.19)
The archaic rules on collective assemblies for schools are put under the spotlight in this opinion piece for the Barking and Dagenham Post published 2 May.
“(i) Everyone has the right to education … (2) Education shall be directed to the full development of the human personality and to the strengthening of respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms.” (Article 26 Universal Declaration of Human Rights). … Continue reading
This year’s annual ‘multi-faith’ event at New City College* provided some fascinating insights, as usual.
East London Humanists join the call to halt recent proposals that will lead to more divisive and discriminatory religious schools in this opinion piece for publication Newham Recorder 30.1.19